For the 1st time ever we bring you the only Bridge Jump available in the UK!
The iconic Transporter Bridge in Middlesbrough is the setting. Made famous from the last series of 'Auf Wiedersehen Pet' this jump is the one the public have been waiting for. Built in 1911 the bridge is 1 of only 3 operating in the World and is the perfect setting for the first bridge jump in the UK.
Arrive easily from the A66 into The Transporter Bridge visitor centre. There you will be weighed and kitted out with your back-up harness. Then the biggest climb of your life, 210 steps to the top of the Bridge! Once at the top walk a further 150 ft to the jump zone. Take in the fabulous view from 160ft as you wait to be kitted out and final checks made before you jump.
Then it’s your turn, on the edge the Jumpmaster shouts 3 2 1 Bungee and you are away 160ft above the River Tees. Filled with Adrenalin a waiting speed boat plucks you from the air. Then it’s back to the shore waving to you family and friends from the viewing area. Once on dry land collect your certificate and don’t forget to check out the merchandise.
- Location: Middlesbrough
- Video footage, photos & merchandise available to purchase on the day
- Subject to availability on pre-arranged Sundays
- Participants must be aged 14 years & over
- Under 16s need parental consent on the day
- Doctor's certificate is required for those aged 50 years & over
- Disabled participants can be accommodated. Please check with provider before booking
- Glasses or hard contact lenses cannot be worn
- Participants wearing boots must remove them if asked
- Maximum weight of participants is 18.9 stone (120kg)
- Waist harnesses fit waist size of minimum 15.7 in (40cm) to maximum 49.2 (125cm)
Participants must be in good health to jump. Medical advice should be sought beforehand for those suffering from the following conditions:
- High blood pressure
- Heart conditions
- Epilepsy or dizzyness
- Back, neck, spinal column, legs or eye problems
- Taking medication - Participants must inform the provider before jumping if taking any form of medication
- Under the influence of alcohol or narcotics - if you appear intoxicated you will not be allowed to jump
Those suffering from any of these conditions & who have been given a doctor's certificate will be requested to sign a waiver before jumping
Those who do not meet the required health criteria, but are unsure if their ailment may only be minor, may be able to participate following a consultation