Now you can realise your dream of flying with this amazing opportunity! Feel as free as a bird as you explore the countryside by air. The Land Away flying lesson is the perfect introduction for adrenalin junkies and would-be pilots, and this invaluable experience will also count towards your pilot’s licence should you decide to continue your training!
Trial lesson is preceded by a pre-flight briefing with a CAA approved instructor who will explain all aspects of the flight including the effects of controls & a navigation route briefing
Two 40 minute lessons in a 4 seat aircraft which will be crewed by yourself, one companion and a professional Flight Instructor
You will get the opportunity to fly one leg of the journey, either outbound or inbound, and for the other leg you will take on the role of navigator/observer whilst your companion takes the controls.
Friends and family are welcome to spectate, take photographs and wave you off as you take to the sky on your adventure of a lifetime
All flights depart from Liverpool John Lennon Airport and land away at one of Blackpool, Sleap or City Airport Manchester before returning to Liverpool.
Upon your return to Liverpool you will receive a log-book extract as a record of your flight times, which would count towards your pilot’s licence if you decide to continue your training
- This experience is for either 2 people, each completing one leg as the pilot, and one leg as observer, or 1 person, completing both legs as the pilot. Flight times are recorded from brakes off to brakes on
- Maximum passenger weight: 16 stone
- Height restrictions apply
- All participants should ensure that they are in good health and if in doubt should seek the medical advice of their GP
- As aviation requires good weather conditions, flights are subject to cancellation at short notice
- All quoted flight times are approximate and may vary either way on the day of the flight due to volume of air traffic or other operational reasons
- Minimum age: 14 years