Are the burdens of modern life stressing you and your friends out? Take one of them with you on a meditative 'float' and feel the benefits of floatation therapy for yourselves!
Created by American neuroscientists in 1954, floatation therapy takes relaxation to extraordinary levels, completely cutting off external stimuli. Scientific studies have found benefits ranging from increased concentration and creativity, to improved muscle recovery and immune system effectiveness. It is thought that an hour of floating is roughly equivalent to about 4 hours of sleep, which is itself made easier through the meditative qualities of sensory deprivation. The two of you will be improving your body's defences against stress-induced disorders, both physical and emotional, all by doing absolutely nothing!
The water in each floatation tank is thick with magnesium-rich Epsom salt so you'll both float effortlessly to the top. And if the total tranquility does get a bit overwhelming, you can easily open the door of your tank from the inside. But we're sure you'll want to stay snug, safe and serene for as long as you can!
- Relax in a top-of-the-range floatation tank
- Improve concentration, creativity and clarity of thought
- Boost endorphin production and immunal effectiveness
- Drinking water, a clean towel, ear plugs, shampoo, body wash and moisturiser are provided
- Duration of experience: 1 hour
- Music can be arranged for the session if desired
- Please avoid shaving or waxing on the day of your float
- Avoid stimulants such as caffeine prior to your float
- Avoid over- or under-eating beforehand (a light meal 1–2 hours prior is ideal)