Enjoy the historic city of Carlisle from a bird’s eye view! On this exhilarating and unforgettable tour you can discover its ancient heritage from the cabin of a helicopter!
It doesn’t matter if you’re a local resident hungry for a fresh perspective, just visiting and curious for all the city has to offer, or simply looking for an excuse to fly in a helicopter for the first time! With the help of your experienced pilot, you’ll learn all about the local landmarks as your dreams of flying come true!
Sights include Carlisle Cathedral, the Tullie House Museum and the Carlisle Racecourse, but the highlight is undoubtedly Carlisle Castle. This vast monument was the principle fortress on the English–Scottish border for 500 years and its origins date back to 1072! It remains perhaps the city’s foremost attraction.
When you arrive at the helipad, you’ll be given a full safety briefing by the ground crew prior to boarding. You are of course welcome to bring your camera along and snap as many spectacular photos as you like!
- Swoop over Carlisle in a jet-powered helicopter
- Be flown 25 miles by a seasoned pilot
- Enjoy a bird's eye view of the sights, such as the city's cathedral, castle and racecourse
- Spectators are welcome to come and take photographs
What you should know:
- Experience is shared with up to 3 other passengers
- Flight time of roughly 15 minutes